TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is Artisans of Australia (A.B.N. 98 662 962 742).
Information on prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
By entering this Artisans of Australia competition, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions as stated. Participants are invited to enter the Artisans of Australia competition by posting a completed entry form, together with a $30 entry fee, to the above mentioned postal address, or completing the online form and making payment via bank transfer or in person at the studios.
Entries are limited to a maximum of one (1) entry per person.
Cheques or money orders must be made payable to Artisans of Australia.
Late entries will not be accepted.
2. All hanging works MUST meet the following criteria:
a) Hanging art – two (2) dimensional in any media and READY TO HANG securely with 2 D-rings attached to the back of the frame no more than 5cm from the top. There is no need to use wire or string between the D-rings in the traditional manner.
Maximum weight of each work must not exceed 28kg. If entries do not comply with these specifications it will be at the discretion of the Studio Manager whether they can be exhibited or eligible for judging.
b) Photography – must be photo-based work, including all types of analogue or digital photography, professionally framed or stretched, on any material, and in all cases READY TO HANG securely with 2 D-rings attached to the back of the frame no more than 5cm from the top. Work that is unframed must be presented with 2 D-rings or loops attached to the back ready to hang on the hooks provided. There is no need to use wire or string between the D-rings or loops in the traditional manner. Maximum weight of each work must not exceed 28kg. If entries do not comply with these specifications it will be at the discretion of the Studio Manager whether they can be exhibited or eligible for judging.
c) Sculptural pieces – functional or decorative ceramic work, metal work etc requiring plinths or stands must include details of weight as well as size.
3. Members of the judging panel may exhibit works in the Artisans of Australia ‘Australia Fair’ exhibition, but cannot take part in the Artisans of Australia competition and will be excluded from the judging process.
4. Artists may not enter multiple individual artworks.
5. Any images of works entered may be reproduced at the discretion of the Studio Manager (including on the Artisans of Australia website and social media) for promotional purposes and at no cost to Artisans of Australia.
6. In the event that works are deemed unsuitable or do not meet the competition criteria, the independent selection panel reserves the right to withdraw artworks from the competition.
7. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence or discussion regarding its decision will be entered into. By participating in the competition, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the competition committee and judging panel. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
8. Entry fees paid will be not be refunded under any circumstances. Costs relating to the return of submitted works will be the sole responsibility of the artist.
9. The closing date for entry forms is Friday January 3rd 2020.
Entry forms will not be accepted beyond this date.
10. The date for postal delivery of artworks is prior to Thursday January 9th 2020. Artworks must be personally delivered ONLY on Saturday 11th January & Sunday 12th January 2020 (10am-3pm) to:
Artisans of Australia
40 Murradoc Rd
11. Artworks received after this date will be excluded from the Artisans of Australia competition.
12. Delivery and return transport arrangements to and from the Artisans of Australia event must be organised and paid for by the artist.
13. All artworks must be clearly marked on the back with the artist’s name, address, title and date of work.
14. All delivered artworks must be adequately packaged and marked with the artist’s name and address in marking pen. Artworks that arrive damaged will not be exhibited. The artist will be notified.
15. An artwork must be presentable for exhibition according to these Terms and Conditions section 2. Any artworks that are not ready to hang for display to the stipulated professional standard will be included at the discretion of the Studio Manager.
16. The cost of transit insurance must be met by the artist. Artisans of Australia, the committee and judging panel accept no responsibility/liability for any damage incurred to the artworks.
17. Following the Artisans of Australia competition, all artworks must be collected on Monday 3rd February 2020 (10am - 7pm) unless by prior arrangement.
18. Entries will be covered by Artisans of Australia insurance for the duration of the ‘Australia Fair’ event only (from 9am Thursday 9th January 2020 until 7pm Monday 3rd February 2020).
19. Entry is restricted to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
20. All artwork must have been completed within the last 12 months.
21. Prize winners of Artisans of Australia competitions are selected at 40 Murradoc Rd, Drysdale, VIC 3222 on a specified competition judging date. Winners are contacted within 5 days of selection by email or mail.
22. The prize for this ‘Australia Fair’ competition is one (1) week’s exclusive use of the Artisans of Australia gallery at 40 Murradoc Rd, Drysdale, VIC 3222. This prize can be redeemed at a date to suit both the winner and the gallery availability between 3rd February 2020 and January 1st 2021. The gallery opening times are Wednesday - Sunday, 10am-3pm. The winner will be required to self curate their exhibition between these times unless by agreement with the Studio Manager.
23. All entrants and prize winners agree to the use of their name and images for publicity and competition purposes without compensation.
24. The laws of Victoria govern Artisans of Australia competitions.
25. If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Artisans of Australia, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
Artisans of Australia is located on the Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria, on the traditional lands of the Wathaurong peoples. We respectfully acknowledge that the Aboriginal people of Australia are our first nation peoples and the traditional owners and custodians that watch over the lands and waters in which we create and play.
Copyright © 2019 Artisans of Australia - All Rights Reserved.